Thursday, July 5, 2012

Review: Dreamwalker by Andrea Heltsley

Title: Dreamwalker
Series: Persephone’s League of Immortals, Book 1
Author: Andrea Heltsley
Publisher: Andrea Heltsley
Length: 951 KB
Publication Date: May 22, 2012
Available Format: Paperback, Kindle Edition.
Source: Supplied by the author through IO Book Tours
My Rating: ★★☆☆☆
Get it @: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Book Description:

Noel Kennedy lost her boyfriend, her job and her dignity all in one week. Then something happened and she began to dream of this stranger she had never met. She couldn’t resist the man of her dreams named Jared especially when she met him in real life. Entranced, she slowly unraveled a world she was meant to stay out of. Her life was not what she thought it was once a sexy Boone stepped into the mix and shook things up. Can she escape a life of servitude or immortality for a chance at love?

I really wanted to like this story because it has a great concept; unfortunately the elements that I didn’t like were far too many for me to enjoy this book.

Some of the characters (like Sam and Autumn) are intriguing and kept the story fresh. However, I just had problems with the way the main characters were portrayed. The story focuses heavily on two elements that have become my pet peeves when reading books, the love triangle between Noel, Jared and Boone and her “lust at first sight” reaction to both guys.

The reason I love the Paranormal Romance genre so much is that it gives me a good balance between the romance and a plot. But I need a balance of the two, I just feel like many aspects of the story were taken for granted without any real explanation. For example, Sam (Noel's sister) has been missing for 12 years, yet she knows a great deal of minor details from Noel's and Autumn's life, like where does Autumn parks her car. I know she is clairvoyant and that it could technically be explained as her keeping tabs on her sister and her best friend, but the explanation is not there, nor any of the characters seem to even notice. In the end, it’s an interesting story, it just wasn’t for me.


Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.

URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below!

DISCLAIMER

I believe in honesty and I appreciate the trust that you, as followers, place on me when you visit my blog. As such, a policy has been develop to comply with the FTC Guidelines, on the basis of my recent incursion in Blog Affiliations. To read the site policy follow THIS LINK.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...