Sunday, November 20, 2011

Review: Blood Rights by Kristen Painter

Title: Blood Rights
Series: House of Comarré, Book 1
Author: Kristen Painter
Publisher: Orbit
Publication Date: October 1, 2011
Reviewed Format: Kindle Edition
Source: Bought
My Rating:  ★★★★☆
Get it @: Amazon | Book Depository

Wow, now this is the kind of story I enjoy; fast paced, with a really good story.

Chrysabelle is the best of the comarré, certainly the most expensive one, one of the many women raised to become a vampire’s life source. She has lived her life as decreed by tradition but when her patron is found dead and all signs point her as the culprit she must run away in order to find a way to clear her name. But when her journey takes an unexpected turn for the worst an unlikely ally might be her only hope. Malkolm, an outcast vampire have the power to help her but also a weakness that might kill her. With katana in hand and blades flying, she will be tested like never before.

Blood Rights is the first of in a series called House of Comarré by Kristen Painter. I saw this book through a blog and was kind of intrigued by its cover. The last thing i was expecting was such a wonderful, well-constructed world. Blood Rights grabbed me the same way the Night Huntress books have done. I found myself wanting to strangle some of the characters and knock some senses into others. I have always believe that a book should be able to tap into one's emotions so that you can truly feel like the characters do; in that this book is extremely well accomplished. I’ll recommend this book to anybody who enjoys vampire stories especially if they like their vamps allergic to sun, silver, wood (of sorts), and holy paraphernalia.

Write down below if you plan to read it, are already done with it, or any other comment that you might have.


Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.

URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below!

DISCLAIMER

I believe in honesty and I appreciate the trust that you, as followers, place on me when you visit my blog. As such, a policy has been develop to comply with the FTC Guidelines, on the basis of my recent incursion in Blog Affiliations. To read the site policy follow THIS LINK.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...