Thursday, December 22, 2011

Book Rating System

Five Stars Rating System:

DISCLAIMER: This system, although popularly use to for rating movies, books, items, etc. I am making it my own. This is the way that I will rate my book and movies; under this system those that I like will most likely end up a 4 stars book. I want to limit the 5 stars rating for those works that can make you take a moment and reflect about your life; if I simply love it won’t get anything life changing out of it then it will remain a 4 star.

THE 5 STARS:

I confess, I have bit of a double standard in this particular category. Any book rated as a five star book is an outstanding work of literary art; it was amazing to read. There are life changing perspectives that can alter one’s personal thinking or views. For example, a book that I have rated with 5 stars is The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. However, some books are not life changing but are simply AMAZING and -in my honest opinion- worth giving a chance; so occasionally there will be some of those rated with 5 stars simply because I'm obsessing over them.

THE 4 STARS:

Well worth the time. I love it, it is not life changing, but is extremely enjoyable. I will most definitely recommend it to anybody who loves the particular genre. For example, a book that I have rated as 4 stars is the Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 1) by Jeaniene Frost.

THE 3 STARS:

I actually enjoyed this book, like it but didn’t love it. It has some issues, but nothing that cannot be overlooked. Overall I feel very neutral about this book, will most likely buy the next installment but I won’t rush to do it. For example, a book that I have rated 3 stars is Evangelina Green by Susan Firtik.

THE 2 STARS:

The book has its moments, unfortunately the bad outweighs the good; the potential is there, but overall could have been better. For example, a book that I have rated with 2 stars is Sacrifice (Mortal Path Book 2) by Dakota Banks.

THE 1 STAR:

I did not liked this book; I only finished it because I was giving it time for the story to get better, it never happened. In my opinion not worth reading, there is no way that I’ll recommend it. For example, a book that I have rated with 1 star is The Forest of Hand and Teeth (The Forest of Hand and Teeth, Book 1) by Carrie Ryan.

For a more simplified version of the rating visit my revamping post.

Any questions or doubts please comment below, i'll be happy to answer them.


Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.

URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below!

DISCLAIMER

I believe in honesty and I appreciate the trust that you, as followers, place on me when you visit my blog. As such, a policy has been develop to comply with the FTC Guidelines, on the basis of my recent incursion in Blog Affiliations. To read the site policy follow THIS LINK.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...