Saturday, July 21, 2012

Standing Up from the Crowd

Product: Kindle Touch Skin (Goth Forest & Flower of Fire)
Brand: Decalgirl
Dimensions:
Front: 6 ½ inches long x 4 ½ inches wide
Back (main): 5 ¾ inches long x 4 ½ inches wide
Top & Speaker Strips (back): Less than ½ inch long x 4 ½ inches wide
My Rating: ★★★★★
Get them @: Amazon
Goth Forest
Flower of Fire
I bought two of these items for Xmas, one for me and one as a gift for my sister. For me I chose Decalgirl Kindle Touch Skin - Goth Forest and for my sister I bought Decalgirl Kindle Touch Skin - Flower of Fire. They both look amazing and they both fit perfectly in the kindle. The colors are very vibrant and simply beautiful. The underside of the stickers seems to be vinyl, yet the stickers I got are matte. It comes with a paper with instructions on how to apply it, but I suggest that you watch the video tutorial on the item's page; it’s far more descriptive than the three step page.


The skin themselves are divided into 4 stickers. The front sticker which has two cut-out holes, one for the screen (obviously) and one for the main Kindle button. The back sticker is divided into two strips (one for the top and one for the speakers) and the main sticker, which covers the bulk of the back.

A comment:

When applying the sticker to the kindle do not stretch it, I did this at first without noticing and the shape of the sticker distorted a bit and wasn't fitting correctly. I took it out and re-applied it without too much pressure or stretching it and it fit like a glove. On the plus side, I can vouch that the glue is great and didn't lost any power after the first removal, nor did it left anything behind; then again I had just applied it. I do have to say that it does not cover the kindle from corner to corner. You receive a front and a back sticker; the sides of the kindle remain uncovered.

WARNING: these are stickers, not a scratch proof cover. If you want protection for your kindle this is not it. However, they are great for personalizing them and identifying them if (like in my case) there is more than one Kindle in under the same roof.

*There are plenty of other styles to choose from.








Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.

URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code:

2 comments:

  1. Howdy, There's no doubt that your website could be having browser compatibility problems. When I look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however when opening in I.E., it's got some overlapping issues.

    I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up! Apart from that, fantastic site!
    Feel free to visit my page :: Exikis.Com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do know that there is a problem compatibility with Internet Explorer, unfortunately I just don't know how to fix it :'(

      Delete

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below!

DISCLAIMER

I believe in honesty and I appreciate the trust that you, as followers, place on me when you visit my blog. As such, a policy has been develop to comply with the FTC Guidelines, on the basis of my recent incursion in Blog Affiliations. To read the site policy follow THIS LINK.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...